This application is intended to be used to check the authenticity of vaccination certificates regarding completed vaccinations against covid-19 (verification solution).
Vaccination certificate is a type of proof to show a person's vaccination status and which is available within the covidbevis.se service provided by the Swedish eHealth Agency. From now on, the term vaccination certificate will be used. The application "Verify COVID certificates" is provided by the Swedish eHealth Agency for the purpose of being used by the organizer of the gathering, the event that is subject to requirements according to the regulations to check the authenticity of people's vaccination certificates.
In connection with you as an organizer downloading the application, no personal data about you is collected by the Swedish eHealth Agency.
When the verification solution is used to check the authenticity of vaccination certificates, you as the organizer using the application are responsible for the collection of personal data. All collection of personal data takes place locally in the downloaded application. The Swedish eHealth Agency is therefore not a personal data assistant for the personal data controller due to use of the application.
Below is an overview of how personal data is collected in connection with the use of the verification solution.
When the verification solution is used to check the authenticity of vaccination certificates, it is you as the organizer who is responsible for the collection of personal data. If the application is used by several parties, the parties have their own obligation to determine who is the personal data controller and, where applicable, who is the personal data assistant.
Below is a description of how personal data is collected in the application.
- Personal data appearing in the QR code is all data covered by Regulation (EU) 2021/953 of the European Parliament and of the Council on a framework for the issuance, verification and acceptance of interoperable COVID-19 vaccination, test and recovery certificates (EU Digital COVID Certificate) to facilitate free movement during the COVID-19 pandemic, and Regulation (EU) 2021/954 of the European Parliament and of the Council on a framework for the issuance, verification and acceptance of interoperable COVID-19 vaccination, test and recovery certificates (EU Digital COVID Certificate) with regard to third-country nationals legally staying or residing in the territories of Member States during the COVID-19 pandemic
- All personal data in point 1. is collected in connection with the organizer verifying the vaccination certificate with the application.
- Personal data shown to the organizer when verifying the vaccination certificate is processed instantly by the application's camera reading the QR code on a vaccination certificate and information about vaccination against covid-19 is displayed in the application. The information that is then displayed directly or indirectly is first name, last name, date of birth, number of vaccinations against covid-19 that have been carried out, which was the most recent vaccine against covid-19 and what date the vaccine against covid-19 was last taken. Remaining data is processed without becoming available in the application to the user.
- The data is displayed in readable condition in the application and is not saved after scanning.
- All collection of personal data takes place locally in the device where the application is used.
- The application does not support access to personal data for anyone other than the person performing the verification. The e-health authority or any other actor has no opportunity to gain access to personal data collected in the application in any way.
- No personal data is stored in the application or anywhere else automatically. The application does not allow a special function for storage. Any possible storage of personal data takes place as a result of special measures taken by the user of the application and has no support in the application.
- The application only displays the result of the verification for a limited time, or until the verification is canceled or redone. Previous results cannot be reproduced in the application without scanning the QR code again. The application is dependent on internet access for periodic updating of public keys. There is no requirement for internet access when using the application.